The OIC Technology and Innovation Portal is a digital information platform to showcase the prowess of scientists, innovators, and product developers from the OIC world. The portal is in line with the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Agenda 2026, approved at the First OIC Summit on Science & Technology, 2017. COMSTECH aims to develop a technology innovation platform to enable key actors for showcasing their innovative solutions and technologies that help in socio-economic development in the OIC world, and to tackle problems faced by them.
The portal enables the innovation ecosystem, including innovators, startups, SMEs, academics, governments and NGOs, to benefit from this tailored digital database. It provides an ecosystem to foster a culture of science and innovation amongst the Muslim nations. The portal has the potential to bring meaningful change to the lives of millions of people across the OIC Member Countries, by giving researchers, technologists, innovators, and entrepreneurs the opportunity to exchange information about emerging technologies, and their applications for enhanced industrial growth, employability, export potential etc..
- The portal will provide a platform to help exchange information about the emerging and existent technologies originating from the OIC Member Countries. This will result in intra-OIC interactions, and business engagements.
- It will provide platform for companies/organizations/ R&D institutions to showcase their products/services to reach out to potential end users, investors, etc.
- It will help in connecting ideas/prototypes to potential investors.
- It is a user friendly portal to connect the relevant users with relevant technology.
- It will facilitate Industry and Academia collaboration through a robust interface.
Current Areas of Focus:
- Natural Sciences/Biosciences
- Engineering Technology
- Environment and climate change
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Educational Technologies
- Information & Communication Technologies
Some of the other areas include the emerging disruptive technologies, such as 3D printing, Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Block chain, Intelligent Vehicles, Internet of things, Smart Robots, etc.
Information on how to register to the portal click here